This is the website of Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic. We respect your right to privacy.
Privacy & Data Protection
Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal data about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal data which you volunteer to Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic will be treated strictly in accordance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal data unless you wish to avail of additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal data to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending data to you by other means necessarily involves your personal data passing through or being handled by third parties.
Who are we?
We are Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic. We are a skin care and beauty therapy salon based in Galway. To find out more about us, check out our website at https://michellesskinandbeautyclinic.ie/about-us/
Data and Uses
- Data we gather
For general web-browsing certain statistical data is available to us via our internet service provider. This data may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This data may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- Data you provide to us
You have an opportunity to send us data via this website, such as through the “contact us” page. You may also choose to provide us with your personal data (e.g. name, phone, e-mail, postal address and personal message) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query, handling complaints).
If you decide to make a purchase through our website this will be facilitated through the Stripe payment system. We will require your payment data, name and delivery details. We use this data to fulfil your order and you will receive confirmation of your order to the details you provide.
Registering for an Account
If you decide to register for an account, we will require your name, email address, phone number and a password to sign up for this service. This will allow you to book appointments with us in the future.
Book an Appointment
To book an appointment through our website you must log into your account using your username or email address and password. You will need to choose a treatment, date and time for your appointment.
We will send you service based messages to confirm and remind you of your booking.
All or some of this data may be used by us to comply with our legal obligations under tax, insurance and accounting.
We may use your data to contact you with special offers from our salon unless you opt out at the time of your booking. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us or by using the unsubscribe link on the marketing email.
Online Skin Consultation
If you have an online skin consultation with Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic we will require personal data that includes your name and contact data, year of birth, photos, medical details as they pertain to your skin health or interactions with skin care treatments. This data is collected for the purpose of carrying out our skin consultation service which includes a skin analysis, treatment and product recommendation.
Sensitive Personal Data
In general, we will only ask health data when you come in for your consultation to highlight potential treatments or products that may have a negative effect on your health. However, from time to time this data may be requested through our website when you are booking certain treatments. Your privacy is very important to us and we will only use this data for the purpose stated. We will always ask for your consent before processing your sensitive personal data. If after you provide your consent, you change your mind, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Personal Data
We do not expect to collect children’s data. If we unknowingly collect the data of persons under the age of 16 without their parents or guardian’s consent, we will delete it as soon as possible.
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
- You have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie ) and to seek compensation through the courts
We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing.
Please send all requests in writing to the Data Protection Manager, Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic, Main St, Killeagh Gardens, Killeagh, Co. Cork, P36 HT22.
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional data in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Sharing Your Data
We do not share your data with third parties other than as set out in this policy. We may share your data in the following circumstances:
- Software Companies – such as salon software companies to improve the way we do business and in turn improve the customer experience.
- Payment processors – such as Stripe to enable us to process payments securely.
- Online booking software providers – such as Phorest software to enable us to process bookings efficiently.
- Marketing companies – to help us run our business and get in touch with you.
- Consent: We will share your data with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal data to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store personal data
We generally store personal data on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain data to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your data outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Michelle’s Skin & Beauty Clinic retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations.
We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review records on an annual basis.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
If you have any questions about this policy, our practices relating to the website or your dealing with the website you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy