Gut Boosting Nutritious Recipes from Regul8!
This is the second recipe in our series of 8 Gut Healthy Immune boosting recipes. Improving your gut health doesn’t need to be complicated or boring and while investing in a really good pre and probiotic, such as Regul8’s Digestive Tune-Up which will cleanse, restore and maintain the vital microbiome in your gut and give you the kick start you need towards a healthier gut, there are other things we can all be doing to help us along the way.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to our overall health and well-being, this collection of recipes will give you a range of wonderfully delicious and wholesome meals, easy to create for any occasion!
This months recipe if a simple Nutritious Nutty Granola, this one is great for the kids too!
Nuts have a high fibre content, are rich in both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and taste delicious! Nuts feed the probiotic bacteria that live in the gut and help to keep you regular – this tasty dish is amazing served over a dairy free yogurt with a load of juicy berries!
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- To a food processor, add pecans, almonds and walnuts and pulse until broken down into smaller, uniform pieces. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chia and coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, oil, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the nut and seed mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes, then carefully stir the mixture.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until granola is dehydrated and crunchy. (reduce oven heat to 100 degrees if needed)
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Tag us on social media if you recreate this delicious recipe and let us know if you enjoyed it! @michellesskinandbeauty