Gut Boosting Nutritious Recipes from Regul8!
This is the third recipe in our series of 8 Gut Healthy Immune boosting recipes. Improving your gut health doesn’t need to be complicated or boring and while investing in a really good pre and probiotic, such as Regul8’s Digestive Tune-Up which will cleanse, restore and maintain the vital microbiome in your gut and give you the kick start you need towards a healthier gut, there are other things we can all be doing to help us along the way.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to our overall health and well-being, this collection of recipes will give you a range of wonderfully delicious and wholesome meals, easy to create for any occasion!
This months recipe is a zesty Warm Quinoa Salad with an Orange Dressing
This is a super high fibre salad and your gut love to digest this tasty dish – Quinoa contains special pre-biotics which will encourage the good bacteria in your gut to thrive, it’s also a fantastic anti-inflammatory, a common cause of irritation for those with gut issues. We boosted this salad with complimentary ingredients such as sweet potato which is a great supporter of digestive health, pomegranate seeds to add a delicious sweet explosion and an extra boost of anti-inflammatory magic and kale – known for its cleansing properties.
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 packed cups kale stems removed, chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa or 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock or water (only if you’re using uncooked quinoa)
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice from about 1-2 oranges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper
- sea salt
- Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water for at least 2 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer to a saucepan, cover with stock, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes on the lowest setting.
- Turn off the heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add sweet potatoes and paprika. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Stir to cover the sweet potatoes with the spice.
- Cook on medium heat until brown on the outside and soft on the inside, about 10-15 minutes. When they are almost ready, stir in maple syrup and finish cooking.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of cooked quinoa, stir and cook until warm.
- Turn off the heat and add onion and pomegranate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Drizzle over warm salad, toss and serve immediately.
Tag us on social media if you recreate this delicious recipe and let us know if you enjoyed it! @michellesskinandbeauty