Gut Boosting Nutritious Recipes with Regul8!
This is the sixth in our series of 8 Gut Boosting Recipes. Improving your gut health doesn’t need to be complicated or boring and while investing in a really good pre and probiotic, such as Regul8’s Digestive Tune-Up which will cleanse, restore & maintain the vital microbiome in your gut and give you the kick start you need towards a healthier gut, there are other things we can all be doing to help us along the way.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to your overall health and well-being, this collection of recipes will give you a range of wonderfully delicious and wholesome meals, easy to create for any occasion!
This months recipe is a tasty Simple Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut is an incredibly nutritious dish made from fermented cabbage, serve it up as a side dish or take a few spoonfuls everyday to keep your gut in tip top condition! Tasty with healthy sausages or with toasted sourdough and avocado – your gut will really thank you for this secret weapon!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- Combine water, 1/2 of the vinegar, and onion in a pot over high heat.
- Add cabbage, sea salt, celery seed, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Pour the remaining vinegar over cabbage mixture.
- Cover pot and bring water to a boil
- cook mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Stir cabbage mixture and return lid to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and wilted, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Tag us on social media if you recreate this delicious recipe and let us know if you enjoyed it! @michellesskinandbeauty