Gut Boosting Nutritious Recipes from Regul8!
This is the fourth recipe in our series of 8 Gut Healthy Immune boosting recipes. Improving your gut health doesn’t need to be complicated or boring and while investing in a really good pre and probiotic, such as Regul8’s Digestive Tune-Up which will cleanse, restore and maintain the vital microbiome in your gut and give you the kick start you need towards a healthier gut, there are other things we can all be doing to help us along the way.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to our overall health and well-being, this collection of recipes will give you a range of wonderfully delicious and wholesome meals, easy to create for any occasion!
This months recipe is a Relaxing Dairy Free Lavender Cheesecake
This is an amazing alternative for a dairy fuelled cheesecake – our guts are not designed to process the proteins in dairy so as a rule it’s best to avoid it as much as possible as over time it can cause intestinal stress and ultimately damage your gut function. That said, who doesn’t love a good cheesecake!? We’ve added dried lavender to this recipe, widely known for its soothing and calming properties, Lavender isn’t just a beautiful scent, that helps us relax, it also sooths when ingested too! This recipe is also loaded with nuts which are not only high in fibre but also is anti-oxidants.
For the base:
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts and almonds, soaked for 3-4 hours
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 cups cashews (preferably soaked for 3-4 hours)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3 teaspoons dried lavender, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Base
- Line the inside of a cake pan with wax paper..
- Process dates and nuts together until you get a rough consistency.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Set in fridge.
For the Cheesecake:
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto base in cake pan and set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Take out of cake pan holding the wax paper
- Slice and enjoy
Tag us on social media if you recreate this delicious recipe and let us know if you enjoyed it! @michellesskinandbeauty