Gut Boosting Nutritious Recipes from Regul8!
This is the last recipe in our series of 8 Gut Healthy Immune boosting recipes. Improving your gut health doesn’t need to be complicated or boring and while investing in a really good pre and probiotic, such as Regul8’s Digestive Tune-Up which will cleanse, restore and maintain the vital microbiome in your gut and give you the kick start you need towards a healthier gut, there are other things we can all be doing to help us along the way.
Maintaining a healthy gut is vital to our overall health and well-being, this collection of recipes will give you a range of wonderfully delicious and wholesome meals, easy to create for any occasion!
This months recipe is a One Pan Winter Brunch
Who says you can’t have sprouts all year round and for breakfast!!! Don’t dismiss these amazing veggies as a December-only option, they are literally packed full of high fibre to support the digestive process and provide an amazing fuel source for the healthy bacteria living in our gut, carrots are another gut super food, the beta-carotene which gives them their vibrant colour is actually converted into Vitamin A during the digestive process and this is vital for normal vision and a healthy immune system! The baked eggs in this delicious brunch are one of the easiest high protein foods to digest – they are also high in Omega 3 which is another gut win! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 6 nitrate free bacon strips cut into large cubes
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220c
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil onto a sheet pan and spread it around evenly using a paper towel. Set aside.
- Arrange vegetables on sheet pan, drizzle with the rest of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange bacon all over the pan. Roast for 15 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and add minced garlic throughout.
- Stir and return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the veggies are cooked through and the bacon looks crisp.
- Create 6 spaces for the eggs and carefully crack each egg into its space.
- Place back into the oven until eggs have cooked. (About 5 mins)
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with fresh herbs, avocado slices, if desired.
Tag us on social media if you recreate this delicious recipe and let us know if you enjoyed it! @michellesskinandbeauty